ThingLink is an image linking tool which allows you to add descriptions and links various points of an image. Identify a key figure in a famous photo or use the tagging feature to link students to more information on a topic. Watch the video below for details on how this tool works:
Some ways one might use ThingLink in the classroom include:
- Labeling a map with links to further information about the locales featured
- Identifying geometric shapes in everyday scenes
- Creating a fun and interesting interface for a WebQuest
- Making an interactive timeline (more on this tomorrow)
- Identifying parts on an image of human anatomy
- Explaining the process in a screen-capture of a math equation
- Editing marks for a school newspaper
What other uses could you see for this image tagging tool?
Zac Early is an instructional specialist with the eMINTS National Center.