Although the best time to initially build classroom communities was the beginning of the year, it’s never too late to build community. Additionally, community can grow and develop throughout the school year. This week’s list of links should provide some great resources and ideas for building and developing the community in your classroom:
- eTheme’s team-building activities (Link1 / Link2)
- Wilderdom.com’s list of Group Activities, Games, Exercises & Initiatives (Link1 / Link2)
- Team building activities from a 4-H organization in Iowa (PDF)
- Warm-up activities from Youthwork (Link)
- Ultimate Camp Resource (Link)
- All Aboard Group Work & Leadership Training (Link)
- The Ohio State University’s Building Dynamic Groups (Link)
- Youthwork Links and Ideas. Group Problem-solving Initiatives (Link)
What kinds of lessons and activities do you use to build community in your classroom? How does team-building support community-building? What are some other great resources you have found for team and community-building?
Zac Early is an instructional specialist with the eMINTS National Center in beautiful Columbia, Missouri.