Google Earth allows you and your students to explore the universe. Visit the Google Earth Download page to install Google Earth 5 on your computer. The Google Earth User’s Guide is a great place to learn how to get started. Google Earth Learn allows you and your students to learn skills and practice those by completing challenges.
- Google Earth for Educators – from the folks at Google features lesson plans, tutorials, and discussion groups. While at this site, visit the Google Earth Gallery which contains files developed by educators for use in classrooms.
- Teaching with Google Earth – resources and ideas for using Google Earth in the classroom
- Teaching and Learning with Google Earth Blog
- Let’s Go! Google Earth and GIS Resources – contains ideas for using Google Earth in a variety of disciplines.
- Google Earth Ocean This video introduces the ocean layer in Google Earth. Learn to dive beneath the ocean surface to view ocean floor geography and visit ocean attractions highlighted in the ocean layer.
- Also, 25 Interesting Ways to Use Google Earth. (earlyz)
Michelle Kendrick is a program coordinator for the eMINTS National Center.