Finally! Students, teachers, friends, and family can get SMART… And it’s free! No. It won’t increase your IQ, but it may increase learning opportunities. SMART Technologies has made available SMART Notebook Express web application. There’s no need to create an account and no software to download. It is available online to anyone at anytime.
- Students can makeup lessons from home.
- You can share interactive Notebook files and collaborate with peers who do not have a SMART Board or SMART Notebook software.
- Students can showcase their learning by creating Notebook files that can be linked from your website, and now their family and friends will be able to view their work.
- Notebook files can also become part of electronic student portfolios since they (and others) will be able to open the files even after leaving your classroom.
- Amazing lessons and resources are available for SMART Board interactive Whiteboards from the SMART Exchange . Now you don’t have to have a SMARTBoard or SMART Notebook software to view, modify, and save them! With SMART Notebook Express, anyone can open, edit, and save SMART Notebook files that contain graphics, text, tables, and flash files.
Seasoned SMART Notebook users may classify the Express application as SMART Notebook Lite. That’s understandable since you will immediately notice that the Gallery is missing in the online application. Additionally, you cannot create new tables or add attachments, but you can manipulate tables and open attachments already present in existing Notebook files. Multimedia embedded in Notebook files should also function properly. So what is available in SMART Notebook Express? Well, some important features you might appreciate are the pen, highlighter, creative pen, screen shade, text edit, erase, infinite cloner, and page sorter. If you are working in the application and have questions, online help is available.
SMART Notebook Express is still in the Beta stage, so you can provide feedback and/or report “bugs” about this web tool. Just select the appropriate link on the Welcome page to help make this SMART application even SMARTer.
Debbie Perkins is an instructional specialist for the eMINTS National Center.